Location: Montreal, QC
Role: Data Analyst
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA works with the world’s largest power companies to keep the lights on for millions of people using a combination of artificial intelligence and blockchain technology. And, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As a data analyst, you will play a pivotal role in extracting and building relevant insights from client data to ensure that VIA’s solutions best meet client needs and business objectives. This includes understanding the client’s requirements, identifying insights from the client’s data, and working with other internal teams at VIA to ensure data insights are thoughtfully incorporated into other work streams (database, modeling, and reporting decisions, to name a few). You will work closely with clients and relevant teams at VIA including client delivery, data science and modeling, and product development.
- Work with the product owner and our clients to understand client’s underlying business objectives
- Develop thoughtful data analysis plans to support the business objectives and uncover relevant implications for other technical leads and the product owner
- Perform statistical hypothesis tests to get a better understanding of relationships in the data
- Execute analysis to interpret the data and identify meaningful patterns and trends
- Determine if further analysis / hypothesis testing is needed to deliver more meaningful insights
- Collaborate with VIA developers / data scientists to inform smarter ways to internally handle data, from data cleaning to predictive modeling
- Design creative data visualizations and narratives to best illustrate the insights
- Support ad-hoc data quality, integrity, and consolidation initiatives related to client delivery
To be a high impact team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, finance, or any STEM related field
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics or data science role
- Strong statistical and mathematics skills
- Experience coding in Python
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to work directly with the data to deliver clear, forward-thinking conclusions
- Outstanding communication skills coupled with the ability to breakdown, communicate, and present complex ideas
- Strong understanding of database queries using SQL
- Exposure to the following a plus: R, Pandas, Excel, machine learning, experience with data visualization
To be a cultural fit, you will:
- Be a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates
- Have a desire to learn in a high energy, startup environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and apply follow-up and organizational skills
- Be a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a part of a team that has the potential to transform the energy industry using groundbreaking technology and innovative solutions
What you will find at VIA:
Our approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating our collective diversity, makes every day rewarding. In addition, joining VIA means you will receive:
- Support and resources for your professional development
- Flexibility to maintain balance between your passions inside and outside of work
- First class benefits and equity offerings
- Creative team events and in-office goodies
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please fill out the form below!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.