Location: Montreal, QC
Role: DevOps Specialist
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA works with the world’s largest power companies to keep the lights on for millions of people using a combination of artificial intelligence and blockchain. And, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As a DevOps Specialist at VIA, you will play an integral role in the deployment, support, and security verification of our advanced analytics applications, including software installation at our customer sites. You will own key components of our deployment pipeline and operational infrastructure, with a focus on deploying and packaging our software application on to virtualized environments on each customer’s premise.
- Create deployment packaging and versioning pipeline to match customer integration needs
- Own the documentation and upkeep of customer deployment procedures
- Interact with key customer stakeholders to build an understanding of their technology, configuration and documentation
- Integrate and deploy VIA applications for customers by following their specifications, both on customer VPC and behind our customer’s firewall, located on-premise
- Support network security configuration
- Optimize and secure system integration
- Enhance and automate the setup of VIA software on-premise
To be a high impact team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or a related degree
- 5+ years of relevant systems integration experience supporting external clients
- Understanding and experience with virtualization and relevant technologies (e.g., VMWare)
- Must have a deep technical understanding of IT infrastructure integration, Unix/Linux, (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, storage systems, firewalls, etc.), TCP/IP behavior and application data flows between systems
- Proficiency in application deployment (e.g., Ansible, Docker, Parker, OVA, Databases), configuration and monitoring (e.g., System logs, Kibana, Graphite etc.)
- Experience managing network infrastructure, protocols, troubleshooting, and security (firewalls, security groups, PEN testing, OS hardening)
- Proficiency in Python and shell script languages
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in different environments and “think on your feet”
- Proven project and client management experience
- Ability to travel internationally for customer delivery assignments
- Additional experience or interest in the following skills is also a plus:
- Deployment of blockchain nodes (e.g., experience with configuration of Ethereum miners)
- Multiple cloud service providers (AWS and Azure)
To be a cultural fit, you will:
- Be a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates
- Have a desire to learn in a high energy, startup environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and apply follow-up and organizational skills
- Be a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a part of a team that has the potential to transform the energy industry using groundbreaking technology and innovative solutions
What you will find at VIA:
Our approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating our collective diversity, makes every day rewarding. In addition, joining VIA means you will receive:
- Support and resources for your professional development
- Flexibility to maintain balance between your passions inside and outside of work
- First class benefits and equity offerings
- Creative team events and in-office goodies
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please fill out the form below!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.