Location: Montreal, Quebec
Title: Front-End Developer
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA works with the world’s largest power companies to keep the lights on for millions of people using a combination of artificial intelligence, blockchain, and causal analytics. And, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As the Front-End Developer, you will play an integral role in designing and developing the interface for customers of VIA’s AI solutions and blockchain-based application, Trusted Analytics Chain (TAC). You will find yourself at the intersection of quantitative science and software engineering, helping to deploy advanced analytics applications by building web apps and services.
- Lead the interface development and design of TAC, helping to facilitate an easy-to-use solution for both algorithm providers and data owners
- Collaborate with our in-house UI Specialists to create powerful browser-based applications as front-ends to decentralized protocols and advanced machine learning algorithms
- Implement a robust set of services and APIs
- Maintain ongoing optimization and security best practices
- Iterate regularly with the software development, software engineering, and DevOps teams to efficiently integrate the front-end and back-end
To be a high impact team member, you will have:
- BS or higher from an accredited university
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications or products
- Experience working with a design team or designing interface solutions
- Passion for creating responsive web pages that deliver a great user experience
- Proficiency in the following technologies:
- Modern web development frameworks (e.g., Angular 5, Node.js)
- Style sheet, CSS, markup languages, HTML
- Testing tools (e.g., Selenium, Cucumber)
- Third party APIs (e.g., Slack, Facebook)
- Agile experience is an asset
To be a cultural fit, you will have:
- Strong attention to detail, and be a self-starter and critical thinker with excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- A strong desire to learn and ask questions
- The ability to multitask and work independently
- A desire to work in a high energy, startup environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Front-End Developer”.