Location: Montreal, Quebec
Title: IT System Administrator
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA works with the world’s largest power companies to keep the lights on for millions of people using a combination of artificial intelligence, blockchain, and causal analytics. And, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As the IT System Administrator, you will play an integral role in building and maintaining computer systems and networks within the organization. Your help will allow us to optimize the role technology plays in the growth of the business.
- Lead regular assessments of computer and networking equipment infrastructure to ensure an efficient and secure IT setup
- Design IT infrastructure for the Montreal office to enable efficient workflows:
- Identify key elements in the day-to-day operations that can be improved
- Propose new technologies, processes, and solutions to stakeholders with tradeoffs in mind in terms of speed and cost
- Design, implement, and maintain industry standard security setup and configuration
- Provide IT administration and ongoing support for VIA’s technical team, including:
- Build and automate equipment setup and configuration for new hires
- Oversee ongoing management of remote work stations
- Troubleshoot computer and network equipment
- Plan and execute regular maintenance schedules
To be a high impact team member, you will have:
- Relevant IT training or certification (such as Red Hat Engineer Certification)
- 2+ years of experience configuring and maintaining IT infrastructure
- Excellent diagnostics, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- In-depth understanding of computer systems, networks, and cloud solutions
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux, Windows
- Experience with network infrastructure design, AWS deployment (e.g., EC2, ECS), network protocols, and troubleshooting
- Management of network security (firewalls, security groups), PEN tests, OS hardening
- Proficiency in Python and shell script languages
- AWS Cloud Practitioner (a plus)
To be a cultural fit, you will have:
- Strong attention to detail, and be a self-starter and critical thinker with excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- A strong desire to learn and ask questions
- The ability to multitask and work independently
- A desire to work in a high energy, startup environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IT System Administrator”.