Location: Montreal, QC
Role: Senior Research Software Developer
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA works with the world’s largest power companies to keep the lights on for millions of people using a combination of artificial intelligence and blockchain. And, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As a Senior Research Software Developer at VIA, you will play an integral role in the design and development of our advanced analytics solutions. You will build components to support modern web applications and services powered by blockchain technologies and machine learning algorithms.
- Provide technical leadership in the delivery of customer-facing projects
- Design and build secure, reliable, and scalable microservice components
- Leverage APIs from our internal TAC™ system (Trusted Analytics Chain™) to provide privacy-preserving functionality to our customers
- Analyze, test, and optimize critical software modules to mitigate performance bottlenecks
- Develop automated tests to deliver high quality software to our customers (e.g., unit test, integration test, selenium, or related libraries)
- Integrate and deploy microservices by using best practices and automation tools (e.g., Docker and Ansible)
To be a high impact team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or science
- 5+ years of relevant full stack development experience
- Strong experience with cloud-based software development in a microservices environment, including:
- Developing Restful APIs (using frameworks such as Tornado, Django, or NodeJS) secured by OAuth2/Auth
- Thorough working knowledge of data structure, algorithms, databases (SQL and noSQL) and in-memory data storage
- Working knowledge of Docker and Ansible
- Extensive working knowledge of parallel processing, message brokers, and distributed task queues
- Experience leading an Agile team of developers with:
- Proven on-time delivery of multiple quality software projects
- Ability to advocate for technical excellence, maintaining the highest standard of software engineering practices
- Exposure to the following a plus: Codeship/Jenkins, foreign data wrapper (FDW), blockchain systems
To be a cultural fit, you will:
- Be a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates
- Have a desire to learn in a high energy, startup environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and apply follow-up and organizational skills
- Be a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a part of a team that has the potential to transform the energy industry using groundbreaking technology and innovative solutions
What you will find at VIA:
Our approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating our collective diversity, makes every day rewarding. In addition, joining VIA means you will receive:
- Support and resources for your professional development
- Flexibility to maintain balance between your passions inside and outside of work
- First class benefits and equity offerings
- Creative team events and in-office goodies
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please fill out the form below!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.