Location: Montreal, QC
Role: Software Developer
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA is a leader in artificial intelligence and blockchain solutions and is going through explosive growth. We have grown 5x in the past 12 months and are set to double again this year. VIA works with the world’s largest power companies to keep the lights on for millions of people across the globe. Now, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As a Software Developer at VIA, you will play an integral role in the development of our advanced analytics solutions by building software to support modern web applications and services powered by blockchain technologies and machine learning algorithms. Though the focus will be on back-end development, you will work closely with the entire technical team, including front-end developers, to solve exciting technical challenges.
- Develop and implement a robust set of services and APIs for our blockchain application, Trusted Analytics Chain™ (TAC™), and upcoming projects
- Support the integration and deployment of back-end and front-end microservices by using best practices and automation tools (e.g., Docker, Ansible)
- Apply best practices for automated testing of our applications and support implementation (e.g., unit test or related libraries)
To be a high impact team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or science
- 3+ years of relevant back-end development experience
- Good understanding and experience working with authentication standards such as OAuth2
- Experience using web development frameworks such as Django
- Robust understanding of code testing levels and techniques (e.g., unit test, mocking)
- Robust working knowledge of databases (SQL)
- Proficiency with Python, shell script, and OOP
- Exposure to the following a plus: Typescript, Django, Tornado, RabbitMQ, third party APIs integration (e.g., Google, Slack), databases (non-SQL), IT automation (Ansible), Terraform
To be a cultural fit, you will:
- Be a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates
- Have a desire to learn in a high energy, startup environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and apply follow-up and organizational skills
- Be a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a part of a team that has the potential to transform the energy industry using groundbreaking technology and innovative solutions
What you will find at VIA:
Our approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating our collective diversity, makes every day rewarding. In addition, joining VIA means you will receive:
- Support and resources for your professional development
- Flexibility to maintain balance between your passions inside and outside of work
- First class benefits and equity offerings
- Creative team events and in-office goodies
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please fill out the form below!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.