Location: Montreal, QC
Role: Talent Acquisition Specialist
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA is a leader in artificial intelligence and blockchain and is going through explosive growth. We have grown 5x in the past 12 months and are set to double again this year. VIA works with the world’s largest power companies to keep the lights on for millions of people across the globe. Now, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will be joining VIA at an exciting time, both the company and team are growing fast! Your primary focus will be to support a smooth recruitment process and a “tell-all-your-friends-about-it” kind of onboarding experience. Your commitment to smooth processes, attention to detail, and love for connecting with candidates and employees, will make you the perfect fit for this role. Working closely with our VP, People and Operations, you will have plenty of opportunities to contribute to VIA’s team and growth strategy through recruitment and beyond!
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our candidate pipeline and administration for both our Montreal, QC and Somerville, MA locations, alongside our part-time Recruitment Specialist
- Conduct targeted candidate searches, screening calls, and fit interviews for technical and non-technical positions
- Work closely with hiring teams to provide support throughout the recruitment process and propose opportunities for process improvement
- Identify and take ownership of creative recruitment strategies and opportunities outside of “post-and-pray” approaches that fit with VIA’s culture, the role, and timeline
- Support the ongoing management and development of the new hire onboarding processes, which includes:
- Ensuring every new team member has a strong first impression of VIA by being an ambassador of VIA’s values and culture
- Setting up new hires in our HRIS
- Coordinating the completion of employment documents and benefits enrollment forms through our Professional Employer Organization
- Proactively partner with our marketing and product teams to develop and improve our employer brand strategy in targeted hiring markets
- Research, manage, and coordinate relevant recruitment and team-related public relations opportunities for VIA
- Propose opportunities for VIA to engage with local community initiatives and diverse groups of candidates
- Collaborate with VIA’s VP, People and Operation to provide exceptional support and service to the existing VIA team members by way of its people-related processes and programs
To be a high impact team member, you will have:
- Fluency in English; French is a strong asset
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 2+ years of HR experience in a fast-paced technical environment
- Hands-on experience with HR best practices
- Expertise in recruitment and onboarding processes
- Experience attending and planning recruiting events
- General knowledge of the Montreal market in terms of regulations, recruitment, benefits, and other relevant aspects, a plus
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Experience with LinkedIn Recruiter and BambooHR, a strong asset
- A sense of humor and passion for growing high-performance teams!
To be a cultural fit, you will:
- Be a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates
- Have a desire to learn in a high energy, startup environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and apply follow-up and organizational skills
- Be a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a part of a team that has the potential to transform the energy industry using groundbreaking technology and innovative solutions
- Be a foodie or a lover of video games, pets, or a good GIF (doesn’t hurt either!)
What you will find at VIA:
Our approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating our collective diversity makes every day rewarding! In addition, joining VIA means you will receive:
- Support and resources for your professional development
- Flexibility to maintain balance between your passions inside and outside of work
- First class benefits and equity offerings
- Creative team events and in-office goodies
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please fill out the form below!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.