Location: Montreal, Quebec
Title: UI Designer
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA works with the world’s largest power companies to keep the lights on for millions of people using a combination of artificial intelligence, blockchain, and causal analytics. And, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As the UI Designer, you will play an integral role in the design and user experience of VIA’s blockchain-based application, Trusted Analytics Chain (TAC). This will include collaborating with VIA’s team of developers, software engineers, data scientists, and marketing and graphic design specialists to design a cutting-edge application from the ground up. The UI Designer will make collaborative design decisions to translate user-experience journeys into smooth and intuitive interactions. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to build a user experience strategy in the fast-moving industry of AI and blockchain.
- Research and develop best practices to ensure high quality designs
- Design core components of the interface, such as navigation, page routing, and product page design
- Own the UX research, and test and understand similar market products
- Develop mockups for VIA’s development and leadership teams
To be a high impact team member, you will have:
- BS or higher from an accredited university
- 2+ years experience in product or UI/UX design
- Experience working in agile teams
- Significant understanding of and experience with the end-to-end UX product design process, including journey mapping, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, high fidelity mockups, and design handoffs
- Advanced understanding of the B2B marketplace and the functions of analytics or business intelligence tools
- Robust working knowledge of wireframing and prototyping tools (e.g., Adobe XD, Sketch)
- Exposure to the following a plus: Avocode, WireframePro
To be a cultural fit, you will have:
- Strong attention to detail, and be a self-starter and critical thinker with excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- A strong desire to learn and ask questions
- The ability to multitask and work independently
- A desire to work in a high energy, startup environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please send your resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line “UI Designer”.