Location: Montreal, QC
Role: Software Developer
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA is a global leader in artificial intelligence and blockchain and is going through explosive growth. We have grown 5x in the past 12 months and are set to double again this year. VIA works with the world’s largest power providers to keep the lights on for millions of people across the globe. Now, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As a Software Developer at VIA, you will play an integral role in the development of our advanced analytics solutions by building software to support modern web applications and services that are powered by blockchain technologies and machine learning algorithms. Though the focus will be on back-end development, you will work closely with the entire technical team, including front-end developers, to solve exciting technical challenges.
Read more about our mission, team, and values here.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement a robust set of services and APIs for our blockchain application, Trusted Analytics Chain™ (TAC™), and upcoming projects
- Support the integration and deployment of back-end and front-end microservices by using best practices and automation tools (e.g., Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes)
- Apply best practices for automated testing of our applications and support implementation (e.g., unit test and related libraries)
- Independently debug and diagnose problems while working within a collaborative technical environment
What you will bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or science
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience owning the full cycle of software development including; design, implementation, testing, and debugging
- Proficiency with Python, shell script, and a variety of common software patterns
- Robust understanding of code testing levels and techniques (e.g., unit test, mocking)
- Familiarity with cloud architecture, microservices, and experience using a container technology (e.g. Docker)
- Solid understanding and experience working with authentication and authorization standards
- Experience using web development frameworks such as Tornado
- Robust working knowledge of databases (SQL)
- Exposure to the following a plus: Typescript, Tornado, fastAPI, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes API, non-relational databases, IT automation (Ansible), Terraform
To have a high impact at VIA, you will:
- Be a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates
- Have a desire to learn in a high-energy environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and apply follow-up and organizational skills
- Be a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a part of a team that will transform the energy industry using groundbreaking technology and innovative solutions
- Enjoy sharing your passions, as a foodie, a lover of video games, a fan of pets, or having a good GIF game (doesn’t hurt either!)
What you will find at VIA:
Our approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating our collective diversity makes every day rewarding!
Read about our perks and benefits here.
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please fill out the form below!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.