Location: Montreal, QC
Role: Backend Developer
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA is a leader in artificial intelligence and blockchain solutions and is going through explosive growth. We have grown 5x in the past 12 months and are set to double again this year. VIA works with the world’s largest power companies to keep the lights on for millions of people across the globe. Now, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As a Backend Developer at VIA, you will play an integral role in the development of applications and solutions powered by VIA’s Trusted Analytics Chain™ (TAC™) platform. Though the focus will be on backend development, you will work closely with the entire technical and client delivery team to solve a range of technical challenges.
- Develop APIs for applications built on top of TAC™ in Python frameworks
- Implement best practices for code quality assurance and automated testing of our applications using, for example, pytest, mypy, flake, black, pre-commit, and related libraries
- Support the integration and deployment of backend microservices by using tools, such as, Docker, Terraform, and Ansible
- Maintain existing applications and use client feedback to design and implement new functionality
- Design application architecture and produce UML diagrams for new features/applications, i.e. sequence diagrams
- Collaborate with and provide feedback to core TAC™ developers on APIs and protocols
To be a high impact team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of relevant backend development experience
- Experience using web development frameworks such as Django to develop RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with data classes and ORM/Data models for handling data
- Robust understanding of code testing levels and techniques (e.g., unit test, mocking)
- Exposure to the following a plus: Django, Tornado, Flask, FastAPI, SQLAlchemy, databases (SQL/non-SQL), Docker/docker-compose, IT automation (Ansible), Celery, Plotly, Terraform, RabbitMQ, Authentication standards such as OAuth2, Poetry, Conda
To be a cultural fit, you will:
- Be a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates
- Have a desire to learn in a high energy, startup environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and apply follow-up and organizational skills
- Be a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a part of a team that has the potential to transform the energy industry using groundbreaking technology and innovative solutions
- Be a foodie or a lover of video games, pets, or a good GIF (doesn’t hurt either!)
What you will find at VIA:
Our approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating our collective diversity, makes every day rewarding. In addition, joining VIA means you will receive:
- Support and resources for your professional development
- Flexibility to maintain balance between your passions inside and outside of work
- First class benefits and equity offerings
- Creative team events and virtual touch points
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please fill out the form below!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.