Location: Montreal, Quebec
Title: Software Developer
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA works with the world’s largest power companies to keep the lights on for millions of people using a combination of artificial intelligence, blockchain, and causal analytics. And, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As the Software Developer, you will play an integral role in the development of our advanced analytics solutions by building back-end software to support modern web applications and services powered by blockchain technologies and machine learning algorithms.
- Develop and implement a robust set of services and APIs for our blockchain application, TAC™, and upcoming projects
- Define best practices for automated testing of our applications and support implementation (e.g., unit test, selenium, or related libraries)
- Support the integration and deployment of back-end and front-end microservices by using best practices and automation tools (e.g., Docker and Ansible)
To be a high impact team member, you will have:
- B.S. or higher in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or science
- 3+ years of relevant back-end development experience
- Strong experience developing user management services that would allow Restful APIs to be secured using OAuth2/Auth
- Experience using web development frameworks such as Django
- Robust working knowledge of databases (RDBMS)
- Proficiency with Python, Typescript, shell script, and OOP
- Exposure to the following a plus: Typescript, Django, Tornado, third party APIs integration (e.g., Google, Slack), databases (non-SQLDB), LDAP, Active Directory, IT Automation (Ansible)
To be a cultural fit, you will have:
- Strong attention to detail, and be a self-starter and critical thinker with excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- A strong desire to learn and ask questions
- The ability to multitask and work independently
- A desire to work in a high energy, startup environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Software Developer BE – May 2019”.