Location: Montreal, Quebec
Title: Software Developer
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA works with the world’s largest power companies to keep the lights on for millions of people using a combination of artificial intelligence, blockchain, and causal analytics. And, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As the Software Developer, you will play an integral role in the development of advanced analytics solutions by building back-end software to support modern web applications and services powered by blockchain technologies and machine learning algorithms.
- Develop and implement a robust set of services and APIs for our blockchain application and upcoming projects
- Support the integration and deployment of back-end and front-end microservices by using best practices and automation tools (e.g., Docker and Ansible)
- Analyze, test, and optimize data security developments made to our web applications
- Support the architectural design and development of our solutions. As an example, you might develop an automatic versioning tool to update microservices running on a trustless network
To be a high impact team member, you will have:
- B.S. or higher in computer science, mathematics, engineering or science, along with outstanding mathematical skills (e.g., linear algebra, calculus, and statistics)
- 3+ years of relevant back-end development experience and a thorough understanding of rich data visualizations and end user requirements, coupled with the ability to create simple and elegant solutions
- Strong experience with Restful APIs and software version control systems
- Robust working knowledge of databases (RDBMS) and CS (e.g., data structure, algorithms)
- Exposure to the following a plus: Typescript, functional programing, Django, Tornado, Twister, third party APIs integration (e.g., Google, Slack), databases (non-SQLDB), foreign data wrapper (FDW), message broker, distributed task queue, in-memory data storages, IT Automation (Ansible), blockchain technologies (e.g., Solidity, BDB), differential privacy, machine learning, Hadoop ecosystem (e.g., Hive, HDFS)
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally
To be a cultural fit, you will have:
- Strong attention to detail, and be a self-starter and critical thinker with excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- A strong desire to learn and ask questions
- The ability to multitask and work independently
- A desire to work in a high energy, startup environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply:
If you feel like you’ve found your next challenge in VIA, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Software Developer BE”.